Comparing My Own "WORK" Twenty Years Apart

As I contemplate creating new choreographic work while I am in India, I decided to look back on some of my past creative work. I am reticent to describe myself as a choreographer when I think of the genius of works in which I was privileged to dance throughout my career. 

This is also a chance for me to test out posting video content on this blog.

These two solos were created twenty years apart. 



Shapeshifting was premiered in 1991 and was something of a “gift” to Matt who is speaking his own words in the video clip. Sadly, Matt passed away this year after living for decades with Multiple Sclerosis. 
SHAPESHIFTING

Brook was a section of my MFA thesis performance installation in 2011, and was created in memory of a close friend who committed suicide the previous year.

BROOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks to Paul Taylor and William J. Fulbright.

Writing Challenges Me...

On The Ground In India