HELLO!

This blog will hopefully be a place where curious friends and interested acquaintances might follow my adventures and reflections.
Since I may be posting about activities I am doing for various organizations, I respectfully state that my choices of content and opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect any directives by other people or organizations represented.

I have spent most of my life working as a professional in the Performing Arts as a dancer, teacher, coach, managing director, and choreographer (I use this last term lightly, as I have worked for people whose choreographic abilities and craft far exceeds anything to which I might aspire). Alongside of dance, I have enjoyed balancing my work inside studios and theaters with working in the Outdoor Sports industry as a kayaking guide, instructor, coach, operations manager, business owner, and recreational enthusiast. 

December 2018 will mark the tenth anniversary of my retirement from full-time professional performing as a dancer, and I will be in the middle of a six month Fulbright-Nehru Teaching and Professional Excellence grant project in India. This seemed like as good a starting point as any to create a blog to share, as I embark on a new adventure in my life story.

Richard.
(Headshot courtesy of Paul B. Goode)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks to Paul Taylor and William J. Fulbright.

A Journey with Paul Taylor

Writing Challenges Me...